HSBC Visa Gold Credit Card
- SMS Alerts ServiceReceive a text message on your mobile phone every time you make a purchase.
- Free online registration and immediate access to the online banking servicePay your credit cards and bills at your own time, obtain your e-statements and receive an electronic update of your transactions even before the statement is issued.
- 24 hour-per-day access to your bank accountsAccess your bank accounts in Greece and abroad through the 'x 3' service with the use of your Visa Gold Credit Card at HSBC's ATM network as well as the Alphanet and DIAS networks.
- Minimum monthly payment of 2% with a minimum payment of €10
- No annual fee for the first yearUse your HSBC Visa Gold free of charge for the first year you acquire it and then with an annual subscription depending on the use of the card2.
- Interest-free installmentsBenefit from interest-free installments and special offers at selected shops and boutiques throughout Greece.
- home&Away privilege programEnjoy participating in the home&Away worldwide privilege program that provides you with exclusive offers in products and services in Greece and abroad.
- Add-on Visa Gold Card from HSBCIssue up to two additional cards for the family members of your choice so they can share Visa Gold privileges with you.
- Accepted in over 160 countries worldwideThe HSBC Visa Gold card is accepted worldwide by countless businesses.
- Immediate balance transferTransfer your balance from credit cards of other banks to your HSBC Visa Gold Card eventhrough the Phone Banking service. Without complicated procedures or paperwork you benefit from a preferential interest rate of 5.99%3 until the transferred balance is paid off by the due date.
The preferential interest rate regards purchases that will be effected from 08/02/2019 up until 21/12/2020 (the transaction date is taken into account). The preferential interest rate will be valid for two years, e.g. for a transaction that will be effected on 31/12/2020 the preferential interest rate will remain until 31/12/2022. The client’s card must not be in delay during the issuance of the last card statement in order to enjoy the preferential interest rate. In case the card falls in delay, the amounts will cease to be charged with the preferential interest rate and the card’s regular rate will be applied without the possibility of restoring the preferential rate. In case the card closes, the amounts will stop being charged with the preferential interest rate without the possibility of restoring it.
Total Annual Percentage Rate of Charge (APR) for the preferential interest rate 7.99% programme for new purchases: For purchases of €3,000 paid in 12 equal installments with nominal interest rate 7.99% plus levy of Law 128/75 of 0.60% and annual subscription for the main card of €60 which is included in the first installment, amounts to 13.15%. Therefore, for an amount of €3,000 the total payment is €3.141,29.
2Annual use over than €5,000. The above amount must correspond to purchases or interest free installments, standing orders and balance transfer with credit cards being valid and current at the anniversary date as from issuance and within the approved credit limit.
3The total Annual Percentage Rate of charge (APR) of the main Visa Gold Credit Card: Example: For balance transfer of €3,000 paid in 12 equal installments based on today's interest rate of 5.99% plus levy of Law 128/75 of 0.60% and annual subscription for main card included in the first installment, amounts to 9.76%. Therefore, for a balance transfer of €3,000 the total payment is €3,150.61.
Things you should know
HSBC and Visa remind you that your credit card information and your personal information is confidential and will never be asked by any of our representatives by phone or by e-mail. In case you receive this kind of request, you should not answer and contact HSBC to report the incident, calling 801 11 72000.
The total Annual Percentage Rate of charge (APR) of the main Visa Gold Credit Card: Example: For purchases of €3,000 paid in 12 equal installments based on today's interest rate of 17.95% plus levy of Law 128/75 of 0.60% and annual subscription for main card included in the first installment, amounts to 20.53%.
Without prejudice of the provisions of the Legislative Act dated 18.07.2015 'Immediate arrangements for restrictions to cash withdrawals and transfer of funds' as in force from time to time, as well as of the relevant provisions and regulatory decisions as well as of the decisions of the Banking Transaction Approval Committee, said provisions and decisions prevail to the terms hereof.
- Validated photocopy of both sides of your I.D. or passport
- Validated photocopy of your most recent tax return
- Original of your last pay slip or an official document evidencing occupation and business address in cases of self-employed
To enjoy the benefits of the Visa Gold Credit Card, it is a prerequisite that you have an HSBC account.