We are prepared to serve our customers in line with the official directives / decisions on cash withdrawals and transfers of funds abroad. The restrictions imposed by the authorities are outlined here:
- Cash withdrawals and cash advances from credit card limit, are limitless as of October 1st, 2018 from HSBC branches in Greece and from ATMs in Greece. Cash withdrawals & cash advances from credit cards are permitted up to €5,000 for transactions abroad.
- You may proceed with cash withdrawals using HSBC France, Athens branch credit cards that are linked to bank accounts subject to the daily/weekly limits of the HSBC credit card in accordance to the above term.
- Cross border transfers to bank accounts outside Greece are permitted up to the amount of €4,000 (Four Thousand Euros) per depositor, bi-monthly and up to the Bank's maximum monthly limit in euros defined and allocated by the relevant authority.
- For payments of hospital bills, medical expenses, tuition fees, transfer of funds to cover the cost of living expenses for students outside Greece, expenses of accompanying a patient abroad and for serious health or exceptional social reasons specific limits are set per case and supporting documentation is required.
- HSBC France, Athens branch credit and debit card payments made to purchase goods and services outside Greece are permitted up to a limited weekly total HSBC France, Athens branch amount prescribed by the Greek authorities. Customers should be aware that if this total HSBC France, Athens branch limit is reached on any one day then HSBC France, Athens branch credit and/ or debit cards’ cannot be used any longer for purchases outside of Greece on that day.
- Credit and/or debit card transactions through a POS that has been installed to a company that operates in Greece by a foreign payment services provider are prohibited.
- The following 8 credit and debit card transaction types are prohibited if conducted through e-stores: money transfers abroad, purchase of art works and participation in auctions, transactions with gambling companies, purchases from jewelry stores, general codes which found most transactions relating to pornographic material, payments to charities, purchase of personal services (escorts and personal appointments) and catering services.
- Corporate customers are kindly requested to contact their Relationship Manager for more detailed information.
We will seek to keep you informed through further updates to our website.
Payment Account Directive (PAD)
HSBC France, Athens Branch is being harmonized with European legislation and applies EU Direction 2014/92/EU, which has been incorporated in Greece through Law 4465/2017.