HSBC Continental Europe, Greece (‘HSBC’) collects, uses and shares information about you so that it can provide you with a bank account and related services. This App Privacy Notice explains how HSBC collects, uses, shares and generally processes your Personal Data when you use this app, pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR“) and Data Protection Law 4624/2019 (”Law”) . You can find full information in our Main Privacy Notice.
This app is provided by [HSBC Continental Europe, Greece for and on behalf of HSBC, and all products and services accessed via this app are provided by HSBC.]
For further information regarding your rights, to exercise any of your rights under the GDPR and the Law, or if you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data you can contact our [Data Protection Officer (DPO) at: HSBC Continental Europe, Greece, 109-111 Messoghion Avenue, 115 26, Athens Greece addressed ‘for the attention of the DPO’. Alternatively you can contact us via email at email@example.com. We use a range of measures to keep your information safe and secure which may include encryption and other forms of security. We require our staff and any third parties who carry out any work on our behalf to comply with appropriate compliance standards including obligations to protect any information and applying appropriate measures for the use and transfer of information.
We’ll keep your information in line with our data retention policy. For example, we’ll normally keep your main banking information for a period of five years from when our relationship with you ends. This allows us to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or use it where we need to for our legitimate purposes such as managing your account and dealing with any disputes or concerns that may arise. We may need to keep your information for longer where we need the information to comply with regulatory or legal requirements, help detect or prevent fraud and financial crime, answer requests from regulators etc. If we don’t need to keep information for this length of time, we may destroy, delete or anonymize it sooner.
This section explains what information HSBC collects from your device, how it uses it, and whether it shares it with any third parties and/or within the HSBC Group. In some cases, e.g. when accessing the contacts stored on your device, or photos that you take with your device, HSBC will first ask for your permission. HSBC may share your information with other HSBC group companies and any sub-contractors, agents or service providers who work for us or other HSBC group companies (including their employees, sub-contractors, service providers, directors and officers) to provide you with products or services that you ask for (such as bank accounts and payments).
Permissions for devices
We may request to access your:
- location: Your approximate location can be used to prevent fraud when you’re using the HSBC app
- device information and internet access: This allows us check if you have a working internet connection
- biometric information: This allows you to use biometrics authentication (like fingerprints or facial recognition) to logon to our app. If you do so, we rely on your device’s technology to authenticate you and we do not collect or store your underlying biometric data
Permission specific to iOS devices
App tracking transparency: This allows you to grant us the permission to track your activities across other companies’ apps and websites (versions iOS 14.0 and above only).
Permission specific to Android devices
Application permission: This allows Google Play Store to record where you downloaded the HSBC app from.
Our app includes tools that collect information about your device and the way you use it online to:
- allow you to log on to our app
- provide our app's core services and features, and measure their performance
- protect the security of our app, for example, to make sure the app is only accessed by genuine users
- help us to identify suspicious behaviour on our app so we can protect both you and us from fraud
- ensure our app's optional features and services work, which may include both allowing us to customise what you see on our app and where based on what we know about you, and also helping to prevent fraud and maintain security on other apps, websites or services that you haven't asked to use when you're on our app
- enable us to understand how you use our app, so that we can improve how our app works, e.g. by using analytics providers to identify and count uses of our app and to see which pages people go to and what they do there, and
- understand what you're interested in on our app and on social media, and potentially identify what directed you to our app, so that so we or our partners can personalise our marketing to you
Some of these tools are provided to us by external service providers and third parties. You can find more information about these in our Main Cookies Notice.