Banking designed for your desktop
Start using online banking
Why bank online?
Here are some of the key features of our online banking service:
- All your accounts in one placeSee a detailed view of your balance and transactions, for all your accounts and credit cards.
- Move money with easeWhether you're transferring funds between your accounts or paying bills, online banking makes it simple.
- Pay your bills for freeThere's no transaction charge when you pay your bills to over 900 companies.
- Security as standardLog on and know that your accounts and transactions are safe.
- International bankingIf you're a Premier or Advance customer with accounts in other countries or regions, you can see them all side-by-side in online banking.
- Open new accounts instantlyYou can open new term deposit accounts immediately in many different currencies.
- Secure messagingGet your questions answered by a dedicated customer service team.
- Preferential pricingGet discounts on your service charges and interest rates.
Never lose a bank statement
Tired of misplacing your paperwork? Or are your financial files fit to burst? Switch to online statements and you'll never have to file your bank statements again. Once you opt-in, you can quickly and securely access digital copies of your statements any time.
Digital bank statements are in the same format as hardcopies. The only thing that changes is the way you receive them. And if you ever need a paper copy of a statement, you can give us a call or visit us at your local branch to request one.
Protection for your accounts
Your safety is paramount to us. So our online banking service is protected by industry-leading security technologies, providing the strongest defence against unauthorised access.
When you register for online banking, we'll send you a personalised Security Device to log on with. It also helps safeguard your online transactions by validating it's really you who's carrying them out.
If you need help with your HSBC Security Device, read the FAQs.
Get started with online banking
New to online banking?
If you've never used the service before, you'll need to register first. Once you've done that, we'll send you a Security Device in the post. You will need to use this device to access your account.
If you're already registered for online banking, you can log on now.
New to HSBC?
Fill in the below contact form and we will contact you.