Capitalise on opportunities in global markets
HSBC World Selection mutual funds invest in classic investment products such as bonds and shares, as well as more complex ones such as commodity indices. They aim to take advantage of short- and long-term opportunities that arise in global markets.
Find out what you need to do to invest with us.
Why invest in HSBC World Selection funds?
Exclusive investment products
These mutual funds are exclusively created and managed by our HSBC fund managers.
Access to global markets
Benefit from the HSBC Group's ability to access the markets of the world.
Different investment assets, one product
These funds combine different investment categories, sectors and geographic regions for the best possible performance.
The best fund managers in the world monitor your investments closely and handle them by making appropriate decisions on your behalf.
No lock-in period
Invest freely for as long as you like, but go for a long-term investment if your aim is greater returns.
Available in a range of currencies
World Selection investments are offered in euros, US dollars and British pound sterling.
Some products are available exclusively through our online platform, including commodity company shares, healthcare and technology shares, emerging market shares and bonds, North American shares and bonds, portfolio mix strategies and global bonds.
Benefit from 0.5% off subscription fees and free online fund redemption when you buy and sell funds in online banking.
How HSBC World Selection funds work
Three-step investment process
Our fund managers select investments for all the different World Selection portfolios, using dynamic and strategic investment distribution techniques.
They combine global assets in order to achieve the optimal mix of characteristics for each portfolio. The fund portfolios range from conservative to aggressive in outlook, so you can find an investment to match your personal risk profile.
The funds are monitored around the clock by our investment managers in offices around the world. So we can respond by making necessary adjustments to the World Selection portfolios to ensure they reflect their associated risk profile at all times.
Try our investment savings calculator
Things to know
- The distribution of risk rating for each portfolio is performed by HSBC Continental Europe, Greece. The risk rating scale consists of five levels: very low, low, medium, high and very high. The position of the capital within the scale is calculated based on the capital's volatility in a period of five years. If the capital does not have a five-year historical performance record, the risk level is calculated based on the volatility of an index or based on volatility strategy. This particular risk scale is provided solely for explanation purposes and can be altered without warning. It's also established under normal market conditions.
- Every World Selection mutual fund is exposed to the risks associated with each of the different investment categories. Therefore it is possible that it shows greater volatility or lower liquidity from traditional investments.
- Low investment risk does not mean that your capital is not at risk.
- Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities (UCITS) don't have a guaranteed return and previous performance does not guarantee future performance.
- The information on this page is not and cannot under any circumstances be deemed as investment advice or an exhortation to invest.
- Prior to making any investment decision, verify that the investment products you are examining meet your financial requirements and investment goals and consider the legislation that applies to your case. It is recommended that you refer to your usual consultants (lawyers, tax advisors, notaries, etc.) for help with your decision. Participation registrations in the UCITS sub capitals of the Luxembourg law of the HSBC portfolios described here can be undergone only in accordance to the current informative report, which you can obtain after request from HSBC Greece, from the topic guardian, the financial department or the representative. Investors should read the informative report for detailed information about the risks associated with the UCITS sub capitals of the Luxembourg right HSBC portfolios. Previous performances do not guarantee future ones. Like any other investment that is exposed to market fluctuations, the price of HSBC portfolio shares may fall or rise.
Source: HSBC Global Asset Management
Are you eligible?
To invest in HSBC World Selection funds, you need to:
- have at least 3,000 euros (or USD/GBP equivalent) available for the investment
- be 18 years old or over
- meet nationality requirements (as specified in the Prospectus, as each time in force)
Key investor information
Find out more over the phone
To reduce the need for you to come into the branch during these days, we are now offering Mutual Fund subscriptions and redemptions over the phone. Please contact your Relationship Manager for more information and terms on this service.
Call us on
Invest in a branch
Come speak to us in person about investing.
You need to be registered for online banking to invest in funds.
You might be interested in
HSBC Select funds
Buy in to one of five highly diversified funds, created especially to suit different investment profiles.